Video: Fly-Through Golisano Training Center
- Timeline: To open by the beginning of the 2019-20 academic year.
- Components planned: Indoor track, field, courts, and training facilities in a 125,000-square-foot building (estimated size)
- Provide modern facilities to promote the fitness and wellness of Nazareth students.
- Provide track and field facilities for intercollegiate and intramural athletics as well as practice facilities for other sports, such as soccer, lacrosse, and softball.
- Enable the College to partner with Special Olympics, which will use the Center for training and events.
- Create opportunities for the College to work with Special Olympics and the Golisano Foundation to promote the Healthy Communities effort to improve the health status of people with intellectual disabilities.
- Nazareth students can be involved in the Special Olympics partnership. Nazareth is the only Rochester‐based college to offer an array of professional health care programs that includes Nursing, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Social Work, Creative Arts Therapy (Art and Music), and Occupational Therapy degrees, as well as pre‐medical and pre‐dental minors. The unique Interdisciplinary Specialty Program in Autism (I‐SPAN) program prepares professionals to work with individuals on the autism spectrum across the lifespan.
- Complements Nazareth's on‐campus clinics, where students work with community clients/patients under faculty supervision.
- Promotes interdisciplinary training of future health care and education professionals.
- For more: Press release announcing the project.